Skip to main content

HSTA Graduates

Health Sciences and Technology Academy graduates are eligible to receive University tuition waivers for their graduate education in programs related to health or science at West Virginia University.

Students must apply to programs and be accepted through the regular admissions process.

HSTA waivers may be applied to University tuition only. Many Schools and Colleges will also provide a College tuition scholarship to HSTA students, but students will need to request consideration for such a scholarship from the appropriate Dean’s Office.


Requests for HSTA University tuition waivers should be submitted by HSTA staff to the Office of Graduate Education and Life at

WVU College of Health Sciences HSTA Graduate Waiver Eligible Majors

  • Dental Hygiene
  • Dentistry D.D.S
  • Endodontics
  • Health Sciences
  • Medical Laboratory Sciences
  • Medicine M.D.
  • Medical Residency
  • Nursing-Graduate and Professional *
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Pharmacy
  • Physician's Assistant *
  • Physical Therapy
  • Public Health

Non-Health Sciences WVU Programs Related to Health or Science

These programs may accept HSTA waivers for on-campus programs only. Students or HSTA program staff must confirm with these programs that they will accept HSTA waivers in individual cases. Some programs limit the number of students receiving waivers.

Approved programs related to science:

  • Animal and Nutritional Sciences (MS)
  • Biology (MS, PhD)
  • Chemistry (MS, PhD)
  • Computational Statistics (PhD)
  • Computer Science (PhD)
  • Economics (MA, PhD)
  • Engineering (all fields) (MS, PhD)
  • Forensic and Investigative Science (MS, PhD)
  • Genetics and Developmental Biology (MS, PhD)
  • Geography (MA, PhD)
  • Geology (MS, PhD)
  • Mathematics (MS, PhD)
  • Neuroscience (MS)
  • Plant and Soil Sciences (MS)
  • Physics (MS, PhD)
  • Political Science (MA, PhD)
  • Psychology (MS, PhD)
  • Sociology (MS, PhD)
  • Statistics and Data Sciences (MPS)

Approved programs related to health:

  • Audiology (AuD)
  • Communication Sciences and Disorders (PhD) 
  • Counseling (MA)
  • Literacy Education (MA)
  • Mental Health Counseling (MS)
  • Rehabilitation Counseling (MS) 
  • Special Education (MA, EdD) 
  • Speech-Language Pathology (MS)
*Major may have special circumstances