All graduate assistantships are accompanied by a full or partial tuition waiver. All graduate assistants must receive the appropriate tuition waiver to receive graduate assistantship benefits.Fill Out Graduate Assistant Tuition Waiver Request Form
The following guidelines apply to graduate assistantship waivers:
- Refer to the information and guidelines for all tuition waivers.
- Regular (20 hours per week) graduate assistantships are accompanied by a waiver of full-time University tuition (9 credits or more).
- Partial (10 hours per week) graduate assistantships are accompanied by a waiver of 5 credits of University tuition in the fall and spring terms.
- Students with regular assistantships during the academic year (both fall and spring terms) may also qualify for summer University tuition waivers by request to their hiring unit.
- Some programs and courses restrict the use of waivers. Students are responsible for determining if waivers can be used for particular programs or courses before seeking a graduate assistantship (see Restrictions on Use of Waivers).
Submitting graduate assistantship waiver forms
- A waiver form must be submitted (by a hiring unit staff member only) every term for each graduate assistant.