Only dissertation defenses must be posted to the WVU calendar. Thesis defenses or proposal defenses should only be posted if the program/college/school allows visitors to attend these meetings. Modify the instructions below as needed for these other types of meetings.
- Go to https://cal.wvu.edu.
- Sign in using your WVU Login credentials and click on the button labeled Submit an event.
- Populate the Event form using the following instructions:
- Main info: enter “Dissertation Defense: Student Name”
- Description: Include the student’s name; the title of the dissertation; the degree program and college or school; the committee chair’s name (optional); and the date, time, and location of the defense.
- Example: Jane Doe, a candidate for the Ph.D. in Media Education Studies, College of Social Relations, will defend her dissertation, “A Comparative Study of Reactions to Literacy Videos,” on November 1, 2024, at 3:00 p.m. in room 601 Gray Hall. Committee Chair: Donna Smith.
- Please note: if defense will be hybrid or virtual, please add that community members who wish to observe the defense should contact the committee chair to arrange remote access in lieu of or in addition to listing an address. Links to virtual events should not be posted.
- Status: Live
- Schedule: Select the date, start and end times, and select “Never” for repeating.
- Location: choose from in-person, virtual, or hybrid as appropriate.
- Plain Text Summary: Repeat the Description.
- Event type: Presentations
- Topic: Research
- Audience: Faculty and Educators, Community, Students
- Department: Academic Department
- Click “Submit Event” to complete your submission.