1st Presbyterian Church: First Presbyterian Church (Morgantown, WV) offers a complimentary Community Pancake Breakfast every Sunday from 8-9 a.m. at 456 Spruce St. You can also check out Rock Forge Food Pantry, Canyon Food Pantry, and St. Ursula Food Pantry. For any inquiries, please call 304-296-8236.
Morgantown Area Meals On Wheels (MAMOW): If interested in receiving meals, please call the Morgantown Area Meals On Wheels Kitchen at 304-599-1954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name, address, and phone number. They also accept referrals from doctors, hospitals, social / health agencies, and families.
- Meals are not free, and the clients are asked to pay at most $6.00 per meal for general and diabetic meals and $7.00 for special diets. Meal charges depend on the income and expenses of each client. The meal price is established during the enrollment interview.
- Volunteer drivers will bring your meals between 10 a.m. and noon daily, Monday through Friday, or skip certain weekdays, depending on your needs and schedule.
- MAMOW delivers within a 10-mile radius of each of our three delivery centers: Goshen Baptist Church, Rock Forge Presbyterian Church, and Star City Kitchen.
Starting Points Family Resource Center- Monongalia County: Starting Points FRC is located at The Shack Neighborhood House, 537 Blue Horizon Drive Pursglove, Morgantown, WV 26546. Hours are on Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Families can utilize food pantry services once a month. Call 304-680-0590 or Info@StartingPointsMCFRC.org for more information.
Community Kitchen, Inc.: Community Kitchen, Inc. serves to-go lunches Monday-Friday. Lunches may be picked up between 10:30-11:45 at the door of the Trinity Episcopal Church. 247 Willey St, Morgantown, WV 26505. Contact email@example.com or call 304-292-7364 for information.
Additional Monongalia County Resources:
The Bartlett House: Bartlett Housing Solutions support people experiencing homelessness by offering emergency, temporary, and permanent housing opportunity. Call 304-292-0101 for more information.
Canyon Presbyterian Church: The food pantry is only open on Mondays. Depending on donation levels, a small emergency food box may be passed out for children and families. Visit them at 18 Whipkey Lane, Morgantown, WV 26508, or call 304-594-2143 for more information.
Caritas House: Caritas House serves as an emergency shelter for people with HIV/AIDS and supportive housing for disabled/chronically homeless individuals in Monongalia County. They also provide community education information to reduce homelessness and prevent communicable diseases. Safety supplies are provided to agencies, organizations, and groups. Call 304-985-0021 or visit their address at 391 Scott Avenue, Morgantown, WV 26508.
Catholic Charities: Catholic Charities West Virginia provides basic needs, childcare food programs, childcare resource centers, refugee resettlement, and immigration services. Visit 20 Scott AvenueSuite #302, Morgantown, WV 26508, call 304-292-6597, 888-900-2989, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Morgantown Christian Help: Morgantown Christian Help has Free Store where clients may shop once every seven days. They also provide emergency financial assistance for shelter, property, health, and family security. Their food pantry provides food, baby products, toiletries, pet supplies, and other miscellaneous items needed for a 3-5 day supply every 30 days per household. There is also Career Closet for both men and women needing professional attire open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.They open on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Friday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., at 219 Walnut Street, Morgantown, WV 26505. Call 304-296-0221 or email email@example.com for more information.
Covenant Evangelical Methodist Church: On the third Saturday of every month, they give away boxes of food to people in need. The handout runs from 7:30-10:30 a.m. at 802 Green Bag Road. Morgantown, WV 26508. Call 304-292-6050 for more information.
DHHR: Department of Human and Health Services.
- Early Care and Education: West Virginia's Child Care Program is dedicated to improving the affordability, accessibility and quality of child care services to eligible families.
- SNAP: The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Eligibility to receive benefits is based on household size, income, assets, and some household expenses as determined by the federal government. The asset limit is $2,750 for households. SNAP benefits may only be used to purchase food for human consumption and seeds/plants to grow food at home. SNAP benefits cannot be used for household items, grooming products, tobacco, alcohol products, pet food, etc.
- WV WORKS: WV WORKS provides monthly cash assistance to eligible families. Most people who receive a monthly WV WORKS benefit also receive SNAP and Medicaid, but these are not guaranteed based just on receipt of WV WORKS.
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children): WIC provides quality nutrition, breastfeeding counseling, education, health monitoring, and nutritious foods.
Mon Valley Habitat for Humanity: Mon Valley Habitat For Humanity has Habitat ReStores, which are independently owned reuse stores operated by local Habitat for Humanity organizations. ReStores accept donations and sell a constantly changing inventory of diverse, high-quality merchandise to the public at a fraction of the retail price while diverting reusable household items and building materials from area landfills.Visit Restore at 1825 Earl L Core RdMorgantown, WV 26505 or https://www.monvalleyhfh.org/restore,email firstname.lastname@example.org and call 304-291-2991.
Pantry Plus More, Inc.: Mobile Food Giveaways provide food to "food deserts" where accessibility is limited or scarce. Please visit www.mountaineerfoodbank.org/mobile-pantry/ or call 304-241-4751 for more information on when the next Mobile Food Giveaway will be in our area.
Salvation Army: The Salvation Army of Morgantown Thrift Store is open Monday-Saturday, 10:00-6:00, except Tuesdays, from 9:00-8:00. The Soup Kitchen serves a hot meal every Monday-Friday at 4:00 p.m. Social Services are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Visit 1264 University Avenue, Morgantown, WV 26505, or call (304) 296-3525.
Scott's Run Settlement House: Their Food Pantry is available for anyone needing a little help from week to week. The Fresh Market is located outside the building and is completely free. Their Baby Pantry is open for parents who need baby items such as diapers, wipes, and formula. Visit 41 Lady Bug Lane, Osage, WV 26543, or call 304-599-5020 from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
St. Ursula's Food Pantry & Outreach: St. Ursula Food Pantry serves households at or below the poverty level. The pantry is open on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 9;30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and for emergency food orders at other times. Their Outreach Program offers blood pressure screenings, blood sugar screenings, dental hygiene referrals, flu shot clinic, car seat fitting, Thanksgiving baskets, and the Christmas gift program.Contact St. Ursula Food Pantry at 304-599-3822, email@example.com, or P.O. Box 18 87 Pursglove Road, Pursglove, WV 26546. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
United Way: The United Way has food, household items, and money to be distributed to Monongalia County residents through food pantries, agencies, and programs in good standing. They also have a SingleCare program (formerly FamilyWize) to provide community members access to affordable prescription medications, ensuring greater health. Their financial stability program is available for families walking a financial tightrope, unable to save for college, a home, or retirement, to promote financial stability and independence.