The following guidelines apply to employee waivers:
- Please refer to the information and guidelines for all tuition waivers.
- An employee may receive no more than 6 total hours of waivers as a non-degree graduate student.
- An employee who has been admitted to a degree or certificate program and who is in good standing in that program may request up to 6 hours of waivers per term.
- Some programs and courses restrict the use of waivers. Students are responsible for determining if waivers can be used for particular programs or courses (see Restrictions on Graduate Tuition Waivers ).
- Employee waivers may be applied to a maximum of one master’s degree, one doctoral degree, and one certificate.
- Note that although all full-time regular employees are eligible for waivers, employees must follow University guidelines to be eligible to use employee leave, work release, and flexible work arrangements for class attendance.
- Gift aid, including the value of tuition waivers, is potentially taxable income to employees. Individuals may contact Tax Services for information concerning tax implications of tuition waivers.
Submitting employee waiver forms
- Employee Graduate Tuition Waiver Request Forms must be initiated by the employee.