The following guidelines apply to graduate assistantship waivers:
- Please refer to the information and guidelines for all tuition waivers.
- Regular (20 hours per week) graduate assistantships are accompanied by a waiver of full-time University tuition (9 credits or more).
- Partial (10 hours per week) graduate assistantships are accompanied by a waiver of 5 credits of University tuition in the fall and spring terms.
- Students with regular assistantships during the academic year (both fall and spring terms) may also qualify for summer University tuition waivers by request to their hiring unit.
- Some programs and courses restrict the use of waivers. Students are responsible for determining if waivers can be used for particular programs or courses before seeking a graduate assistantship (see the section on Restrictions on Use of Waivers).
Submitting graduate assistantship waiver forms
A waiver form must be submitted (by a hiring unit staff member only) every term for each graduate assistant.