Academic College/School Nominations Deadline: Sunday, February 9, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
Arlen G. and Louise Stone Swiger Fellowships are designed to recruit highly competitive Ph.D. students to WVU.
The Swiger Fellowship provides an annual stipend of $25,000, a waiver
of University tuition, a College tuition scholarship, payment of University
fees, and graduate student health insurance coverage.
Awards are paid over a 12-month period during which time students must be enrolled
Awards provide up to three years of funding.
- College/School must agree to enter an annual cost share in the amount of $4,560 for all selected students.
- Nominees must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be incoming (Fall 2020) Ph.D. students; students admitted for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 terms are also eligible.
- Nominees must have completed an application for on-campus, Fall 2020 admission to a WVU Ph.D. program at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Nominees must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate or 3.5 for graduate course work.
Nominations must be submitted by an academic program; students cannot apply for this fellowship. Nominators should visit the Fellowships Nomination Information page for instructions on how to nominate students.