Academic College/School Nominations Deadline: Monday, January 30, 2023, by 11:59 p.m.
STEM Fellowships are designed to recruit highly competitive Ph.D. students to WVU in STEM fields.
- The STEM Fellowship provides an annual stipend of $30,000, waiver of University tuition, a College tuition scholarship, and graduate student health insurance coverage.
- Awards are paid over a 12-month period during which time students must be enrolled full-time.
- Awards provide up to three years of funding (dependent on state funding).
- Nominees must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be incoming (Fall 2023) Ph.D. students in STEM disciplines; students admitted for the Spring 2024 and Summer 2024 terms are also eligible.
- Nominees must have completed an application for on-campus, Fall 2023 admission to a WVU Ph.D. program no later than the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Nominees must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate or 3.5 for graduate course work.
Nominations must be submitted by an academic program; students cannot apply for this fellowship. Nominators should visit the Fellowship Nomination Information page for instructions on how to nominate students.