Academic College/School Nominations Deadline: Sunday, February 9, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
University Provost Fellowships are designed to recruit highly competitive doctoral students to WVU. Selection is competitive on the basis of academic merit. Fellowships will be awarded to incoming Ph.D. or students who are seeking a terminal graduate degree in the College of Creative Arts.
- The University Provost Fellowship provide an annual stipend of $17,000, waiver of University tuition (fall and spring), a College tuition scholarship, and graduate student health insurance coverage. University fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Awards are paid over a 9-month period during which time students must be enrolled full-time.
- Awards provide up to three years of funding.
- Students awarded this fellowship will be provided with a summer University tuition waiver, by request only.
- Nominees must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Nominees must be incoming (Fall 2020) graduate students; students admitted for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 terms are also eligible.
- Nominees must have completed an application for on-campus, Fall 2020 admission to a WVU Ph.D. program or to a terminal graduate degree program in the College of Creative Arts at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Nominees must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate or 3.5 for graduate coursework.
Nominations must be submitted by an academic program; students cannot apply for this fellowship. Nominators should visit the Fellowship Nomination Instructions page for instructions on how to nominate students for this fellowship.